Pah, postman broke my Incipio feather case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by awmazz, May 31, 2010.

1. macrumors 65816

Jul 4, 2007
    He must have exerted quite some force to bend it in half to fit in the mailbox and would have felt is snap. Not like folding a magazine at all.

What a pity. $50 wasted. Just regular mail so it wasn't insured. I can't even use the screen protector as it's creased down the middle.

I can't imagine what he was thinking when it didn't fold - just a bit... more... force.... SNAP! There you go, mail delivered, job well done, happy customer!

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 65816

Feb 5, 2007
    State of Denial
    If it wasn't a federal offense I would suggest a beatin for him or her.

Postal service, what a joke.
  3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jul 4, 2007
    If it had come in a box instead it might have survived as he would have just dropped a note to pick it up at the post office instead if it didn't fit.
  4. macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2005
    I would contact the seller. Items that can't be bent shouldn't be shipped in an envelope (bubble or plain) so this seems like a case of inadequate packaging to me. It could have been broken in transit from going through a machine or having a heavy box get dropped on it when one edge was supported.

I know a lot of Hong Kong / Chinese eBay sellers ship everything in envelope and will just replace the ones that get broken. I assume because the savings on postage are worth it to them.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jul 4, 2007
    I've sent an email off to Incipio. At least just to see if I order a replacement if they can send it in a box instead or not.

I tried bending the larger half to see exactly how much force it would have taken to snap it. A decent amount as you could imagine trying to snap anything made of plastic. And it would have made a loud snap too so he would have known straight away that he broke whatever was inside the envelope.

I suppose the envelope should have at least had a 'Do Not Bend' sticker on it, but it didn't.
  6. macrumors 6502

Mar 12, 2009
    That's negligence by the seller, IMHO. Just received a cheap screen protector off eBay & the seller hand wrote "do not bend" on the envelope. So, rather than cram the envlope in my mailbox - the postman (postwoman, actually) left it outside my door.

For $50, it should have been backed better but the LEAST they could do is write "do not bend".
  7. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Agreed that the seller needs to package these things to ensure some dumbass isn't going to try and shove a sqaure peg in a round hole. I hope the company makes this right. Also consider if it's hot enough the plastic could have been warm enough to bend. Not that it's a resolution to your problem but it's a thought. Good luck with this, I think incopio will do right by you.
  8. macrumors 65816

Oct 8, 2007
    what kind of packaging you have? mine is a huge box at least 2" of width and it is very solid.

edit: oopps.. i bought mine at incipio website :)
  9. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jul 4, 2007
    I just saw your thread and the decent box it was mailed in. I bought direct from Incipio as well. Mine only came in a standard white bubble-wrap envelope. I guess maybe they wanted to keep the postage costs reasonable for international customers, assuming a box would have cost more to post.
  10. macrumors 6502a

Mar 28, 2008
    Dubai x Toronto
    Aw man, that sucks. I hope mine gets shipped in a box to Canada... or the postman leaves it on my doorstep rather than trying to shove it in the mail slot.

Either way I hope Incipio realizes and replaces yours. Let us know what happens.
  11. macrumors 65816

Oct 8, 2007
    try contacting the incipio. they have a chat feature on their site and that will help you a lot

give them this link
  12. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jul 4, 2007
    Incipio haven't replied to my email, and I need a cover so I've gone an ordered a Hard Candy cover instead to replace it. It's similar, but slightly thicker sides and also has fold-out legs and a removeable top-cover as well.