Paintball gun

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fearless Leader, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

I played a few games of paintball today for the first time in my life. It was such an adrenaline rush. I had shot a paintball gun a few times before at targets, but this was nothing compared to actually playing. I got some funny looking welps in some strange places. I almost got kicked out for all the cursing I yelled after taking a shot to the crotch 4 feet away. Still a fun day though.

Anyways onto the question...
    I'm looking for recommendations for a good solid gun, nothing fancy. They have used Tippmann 68 calibers for 60$ with new mask, stock barrel, hopper and 12oz tank. Is this a good buy?

Thanks for any help.

2. blonderocker macrumors newbie

Paintbal guns

Do you mean Tippman 98 or 68? The 68 is way outdated. If you really want a gun that can take a killer beating, abuse, and still work, go for the 98. They're loud, but invincible. Now once you're ready to invest, go with an ICD gun, or an autococker. The autocockers are quite, acurate, fast, light, look sick, and pretty durable. They are also made by one of the first companies to build semi-auto guns. I've played with different 'cockers for 6 years. I love them still. I've also owned many diff guns.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i have a 98 custom and its great. definitely want to go soon!

60 bucks would be a good buy if the markers are in decent shape. i think i spent like over 300 for my set up easy

4. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

I was under the impression that the 98 are autocockers or am i getting confused with it being semi-automatic. They have a refurb 98c for $99 so i might get that.