Paintball or?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Apple, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Apple macrumors 6502

Apple

Do any yall out their airsoft or Paintball? If you do what kind of guns do you have. I have a S & W pistol airsoft that goes at 302 FPS. My paintball gun (spyder) is broken

2. toezter macrumors regular

toezter

paintball i started in 99. i've had a spyder, maveric, pgp, phantom, cocker, emag, matrix, and a micrococker.

3-4 years later i sold off everything. the sport when i joined has alright, but then bigger, faster, more stupid stuff happened. didn't like it so much since there would be small kids with 30+bps markers not knowing when to stop, or tourney players on wiping during walkons.

i might pick up a pump and play, but meh. honor system blows with people you don't know.

3. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

I used to play airsoft a few years ago. But I find there's too much testosterone in any sport like that and it turns into a pissing contest. Everyone ended up getting mad at each other and never wanted to play again.

4. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I used to play paintball a long time ago. There was a nice outdoor field that was actually in a wooded area with lots of trees, bushes, etc. It was really fun and at times muddy:D Even played in the colder temperatures where people had to unfreeze their air tanks by the fire:D It was great fun but I don't think that the place in still in business. I just could never really get used to the inflatable fields.

Oh, and I would be horribly out gunned by anyone as I have a pump action Tracer (sp?).

It would be nice if there were not so many really young teenagers all decked out with their fracking autos and such.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I was never into Airsoft. I played with the 7mm plastic pellets long ago. Hurt like hell at close range, but I only played with my buddies. As noted, too much of a pissing contest if it's not just fun and games.

Now I prefer target shooting with a pellet rifle at home. Much more satisfying to put 5 in a dime at 25 yards. My buddy comes over and we compete that way. It's much more relaxing. :)

Might get a PCP at some point, there are some phenomenal velocities available in .22 caliber. Varmints beware!

6. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-All

I've been playing 13 years, and currently own two Autocockers. I've been recreational, and semi-pro (member of the Land Sharks).

Semi-pro burned me out a bit - too much cheating. But I'm back to recreational and prefer woodsball. I find that NPPL fields are my preference as full-auto and burs-play is illegal there, so people are forced to play with their skills, and that I prefer. But different fields attract different players.

I find that www.pbreview.com is an excellent place to find fields I prefer to play on.

BTW- William Shatner is a pretty good player.

7. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Is used to play tourney ball (speed ball, not that commando camoflauge in the woods crap). My last marker was a WGP BlackMagic Autococker (first edition). Best gun ever made. Blew ONE O-ring on that sucker, never any valves or tubes or anything.

I hurt my knee about 9 months after starting (and trying out for an amateure team) so I haven't played since. I miss it.

8. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

i used to play airsoft all the time i had a super 9 sniper and a cople of diffrent pistols
    everyone quit playing when this one kid got an aeg

9. AmericanIdiot12 macrumors regular

i used to play airsoft until this spoiled a$$hole got a fully automatic $500 gun and it ruined it all

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I would get into airsoft or paintball except a lot of the guns I see people using cost more than the real WWII rifles I collect! :eek:

I have a cheapo P229 airsoft pistol, but I've seen people with the full auto uber-dollar guns and they scare me. Although I would like to have the airsoft replica Glock 18C - I just wouldn't pay the insane price.

LOL, those guys make me laugh. There's a group near where I live that is SUPER serious about playing soldier...

11. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

I used to play quite a bit, especially since I lived used to live on the outskirts of Omaha back in Nebraska. I play less than I use to though 'cuz paintball is freakin expensive.