PaintBall

Discussion in 'Community' started by cesar, Oct 4, 2003.

1. cesar macrumors member

who likes PaintBall? who is the tony hawk of paintball? do you have paintball gear?

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: PaintBall

I don't have any paintball gear. I have not heard of Tony Hawk. It depends on your definition of Paintball.

3. Judo macrumors regular

PaintBall is so much fun. I've only played it a few times, but down here in New Zealand we have a lot of forest to play with, and from my little experience outdoor in so much better than indoor.

4. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I play paintball, well speedball to be exact. I play on a 10 man team and we've got a number of sponsors. Next year we'll be playing the PSP and NPPL Super 7. I actually have a tournament tomorrow in Syracuse.

Here's our team site!

One of my teammates owns a paintball shop here in town, R&M Paintball. So I get hooked up with stuff all the time.

As for the Tony Hawk's of pb... there's Ollie Lang of Dynasty, Todd Martinez of Aftershock. I personally know Rob Cole of Lockout, he's a great guy. Alex and Max Lundquist of NY Xtreme are also great guys. We're sponsored by their company Bunkerking

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I have played paintball once. I got hooked. I need to play again soon. And don't bother asking about my gear, it's almost laughable. Not plastic though, that's a plus.

6. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Ah yes, I forgot about the gear. Here's what I have...

WDP Angel IR3 Cut & Carved
    WDP Angel A.I.R
    Cobra IR3 Bolt
    Cobra SS Buttons
    Halo-B
    Smart Parts Freak Kit
    S!TE Stiffi Barrel
    DYE Invision(s) (I've got a couple)
    DYE '03 Core Division Pants
    DYE ATC Cleats
    DYE '03 Core Division gloves
    Redz Gear Bag
    Redz 5+4 pack (I'm a back player)
    various Bunkerking apparel

there's more too, I just can't remember all of it off the top of my head.

We just picked up a sponsorship from Empire and Draxxus for next season so a lot of my gear will be different

7. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-cesar

Do I play the ball? Oh, do I!

I've been playing for 11 years, have had several rigs over that time. Also played Semi-Pro Five-Man for the Land Sharks for a while.

Heck! I've been playing so long I rememebr when Semis were coming in to the sport and "Constant Air" was an actual term - now it's taken for standard (that big bottle of air, instead of little 12-grams).

My current rig:
    Rip-stop Cami's
    Proteus Headgear with fan and yellow therms
    JT Persuit Gloves
    4-tube Redz pack with JT SpeedPod tubes
    Remote Air 3000psi 115ci bottle (thinking about going 4500/68ci on-gun next year)
    Viewloader 2000 G2 (Gun's too quiet to use a HALO)
    12" DYE Boomstick barrel
    4" JT Custom speedball barrel
    But the real kicker is the gun
    A custom-made low-press "Accuralite" Autococker
    titanium linkages
    Low-Pressed to ~200psi
    Tornado Valve
    DYE "Sticky Grip" 45 Trig Frame
    and only one stock part - the pneumatics block (way, way WAY too much stuff to go into here)
    Oakshore 30mm Ultra Dot Competition scope.

It's accurate to 10" at 50 meters @ 10 rounds/sec and so damn quiet the only real noise in the 'clink' of the recocking. Took me three years to build - all those custom parts, but woah.

My preferred park is Challenge Park Xtreme, where's yours?

See you in the middle.

8. cesar thread starter macrumors member

I just played on thursday for the 1st time, I was great... a friend has tons of gear.

I played in a small warehouse, it was 15 meters X 45 meters. I was kinda cool!

9. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Patrick - Nice setup you've got there, do you play speedball or are you more of a recball type of guy?

We just played a 5 man tourny today, took first out of 22 teams, and then we reffed the 3 man tourny. It was a LONG day. We met Greg "Red" Hasting of Redz today as well, a super nice guy.

We play all over, but we tend to play the most at GRC Paintball, which is owned by a GREAT guy Rob Cole. Rob captains the pro team Lockout. We practice with them and Shockwave Canada and some other teams.