Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
This is the dilema...

I used the trial version of it and enjoyed. But you can only use it for 30 days, and you cannot download it again - which stands to reason.

However, I've just purchased an activation serial number from Corel to run the thing fully.

So, they send me an email, with the said number and a link to 'download'...which downloaded another copy of the trial version, which you (in theory here folks) should be able to open, bung in the serial number and hey presto! Full version.

Oh no it won't. The problem seems to be that I hadn't used it since the 30 days ran out, and now every time I try to run the thing it just doesn't load.

Anyone here have similar problems, or is it just me?

Curse my impatience, I should have just bought the bloody boxed version and wait a few days for delivery...

Welcome to digital distribution...

By the way, the Corel site has naff-all on it...

Hope someone can help, or at least guide me to a solution here.

JoeKarame

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
iGary said:
Have you tried uninstalling the old version and all of its plists, and then installing the new software?

If you can tell me how to do that I'd be very grateful indeed!

9 years using Macs and I don't know how to do this...I feel slightly inadequate ;)

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
When the eveluation period is over you should presented with this screen.

Attachments

• corel.jpg
    corel.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 96

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
If you're not presented with that screen then drag the entire application folder to the trash and the preferences as well. Empty the trash and download again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.