Painting an eMac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ppcg4mac, Apr 9, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

I am considering painting a case from a broken eMac (the CRT shows a "lightsaber" image). What should i do to prepare it, i have no idea what scheme i will do it as, maybe a MacRumors one? (I still have to manipulate it so i can install a 17" lcd in it, so it may take a while to get to painting, but i want to find a scheme and collect icons and stuff for it.)

2. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Have you taken it apart to see if the paint is on the inside? If so, painting the outside with the right paint should be easy. You'll want something acrylic I think and possibly sand it with a fine grade sand paper so the paint sticks.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

I have, the back piece is a single of white plastic. I have not been able to remove the vents and farthest rear parts yet. The front and drive cover is 2 layers. White with a clear covering. If someone could tell me how to remove the vent ring and rear cap, that would be awesome.

EDIT

The 2 layers are inseperatable according to some half hearted tries to remove it.

4. macrumors 6502a

Ariii

If you haven't seen this already, here is a great article on the subject of painting Macs:

http://www.modyourmac.com/?page_id=15

And somebody else has done this once, it might help to see:
    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/121983-my-green-emac.html

I suggest only removing the back if you can, as you would need to take the whole thing apart to take the front off.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac