pakistan making amends with taleban and UBL

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 5, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

ABC news

i see the so-called war on terror is progressing ineptly. i wonder if bush would admit that his misadventure in iraq distracted his administration from working more closely with pakistan in pursuing the taleban and UBL.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, well. Who would have thought that the vaunted War on Terror™ would end with such a whimper? What next?

3. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I started wondering this morning...what would happen to the war on terror if we caught/killed Bin Laden? How much power would the Republicans lose? With the focal point removed, could Bush rally the midwestern states to continue the "War on Terror."

No, I'm starting to think that Bush et al don't want Bin Laden captured. That way, the bogey man is always out there to scare us. And with fear comes power for those that harness it. Maybe that's why the CIA team was disbanded.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I actually made this point when the Iraq misadventure started. The last thing they want is to succeed.

5. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Not ture, it's progressing just fine. It's just misnamed is all. The "War on Terror" is a psuedonym for The Plan to Stay in Power and Funnel Money to our Buddies. It's been about politics since day one. It's just our bad luck that the PNAC crew was in charge when 9-11 was allowed (not necesarily intentionally, maybe just by incompetence) to happen.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I did! I did! What's my prize?

...oh right, the usual...

...the stinky end of the stick. Yay.