Pale highlight

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Mala, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Mala macrumors 6502

Not purely a Panther thing, but seemingly a Mac thing. In all browsers, when you search for a word on a page, the word is highlighted all right - but in such a pale colour that at times I have to give up peering hopelessly at the page, and forget looking for it.

Is there any way to change this?

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

There is indeed, it uses the system highlight color, which you can change in System Preferences. I don't know where exactly, as I'm not sitting at a Mac right now. But it's there, just change it to something more high-contrast... I've had this same problem as well, I'm afraid.

paul

3. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

If it is indeed the same as the Highlight the system uses then its in the General Section of System Preferences.

4. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Couldn't find General but changed it in Appearance; it's now red - still washed-out, but more see-able. Thanks!

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Oops...I was called Appearance. I think it used to be called General! My Bad! Glad you found it anyways! :)

6. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Your good! you solved something that's annoyed me for *years*!

7. onealc macrumors member

You can also choose "other" in your list of highlight colors. From there, you'll find the color wheel from which you can choose something that's not washed out! I've got a dark forest green! :)

8. Mala thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, thanks - I like the sound of forest green. I'll do that.