palm and Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ifjake, May 12, 2004.

1. ifjake macrumors 6502a

hmm that new palm zire 31 is looking pretty attractive. however, i'm pretty sold on the address book and calender apps of Mac os X. i would seriously think about getting one of those palm things if i didn't have to switch scheduling and contacts programs on my computer, but i have a feeling they make it a pain to use anything other than their own software. but palm has been around for a while, there should be some experience with this. does anyone use a palm PDA with their Mac? can it be jury-rigged so that calender and address book can be synced up with the palm PDA and vise versa?

2. denm316 macrumors 6502

ifjake,

I bought a new Palm Tungsten E a month or two ago, and it workes flawlessly with iSync. It shows up in iSync without a problem. I sync my address book and calendar(ical), I do not use any of the Palm Desktop Software, Palms software has a built in address book and calendar as well but you do not have to use it I dont. I use the built in OSX apps.

Also you can buy a 3rd part app that can sync with iPhoto and iTunes for you Palm O/S handheld, http://www.markspace.com.

let me know if you need any more info.