Palm Desktop for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hkriffraff, Jul 5, 2006.

1. hkriffraff macrumors regular

I'm trying to set up a Palm Tx with my new MBP, but my installation CD doesn't include Palm Desktop for Mac. For some reason it isn't available to download from Palm's website.

I've emailed them and got a reply that my Tx model is a Chinese version unit (I purchased it in Hong Kong, but it is running in English) that doesn't support "Mac OS computers in any way." This is absurd because it was working with my Powerbook using Palm Desktop - someone sent me the program file at the time, but I don't have it any more.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on the Palm Desktop Software or anything else that works (without having to shell out $40 for The Missing Sync)?

Palm seems to have gone down the drain in terms of Mac compatibility. I was having less trouble when I used the Tungsten T. What's the PDA of choice for Mac users these days?

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

A Google search for "Palm Desktop Mac OS X" turns up this link. This is what I use with my Palm TX.

3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Palm Desktop is the free download from Palm web site. I am using TX with my iBook and I can sync via Bluetooth. So far, I have no issue with this set up.