Palm Handhelds

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tombarnes, Nov 10, 2006.

1. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

I am looking to buy a palm handheld. I just wanted to know if they sync with Mac OS X?

I know that the Windows Mobile ones don't, but do ones which run the palm software?

Thanks

Tom

2. Porco macrumors 68020

Porco

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

I've got a Palm Tungsten T3, and it syncs fine. According to the iSync supported devices page, all Tungstens and Zires are supported natively by iSync.

I've heard lots of people say good things about syncing their Windows Mobile device using The Missing Sync, but I've never tried it myself.

4. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I have a Palm T|X. Works fine with iSync, however, you have to initiate a sync from the Palm (HotSync). iSync uses a "conduit" through the Palm Desktop software.

5. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

I have a Treo 650- syncs better on OS X than on my old XP machine ;)

6. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Treo 700p works syncs almost perfectly once you get it setup...only flaw I've come across is iCal and my Palm can't see each other's alarms. (Thankfully, it syncs due dates and everything else.)

7. MSD401 macrumors 6502

MSD401

i have a qtek 9100 with win mobile 5.0 and i use missing sync works very very well.... bluetooth took a bit to set up but the support page was really good....