Palm or no Palm T|T2?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cmx08, Apr 12, 2004.

1. cmx08 macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2004
    Canada, GMA
    i want a PIM so i can get organize and remote lectures.
    is the mic of the T|T2 clear ?
    what is the record format and size per minute?
    is it easy to bluetooth to panther?
    isync , bluetooth and t2 ?

I'm using my ipod as a PIM and i want to replace it for a real one because i hear that he mics for ipod are not that good and i thought about buyin a dedicated mp3 flash player for recording but too $$$

so I decide to get a T2 for PIM, music and Rec and it is cheaper than having ipod and mic and pim or ipod and mp3 flash and pim

is t2 made in china ?

2. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Apr 10, 2003
    The "Garden" state
    AFAIK TT2 is made in china.

I'm a little unclear as to what you want to use the mike to record lectures??? Do not get a tt2, or any palm/pocket'll sink tons of $$ into storage for them, when you can spend 1/4 of the money on a regular tape recorder?

tt2 and isync/bluetooth will be great...mucho compatibility.

music, ive heard the tt2 has some problems with aware.

why a tt2, just out of curiousity? the tt3 has some newer pims and better features...although its more $$$...some sony models have what you'd need plus the add-on memstick modules. just a suggesiton, as the tt2 was a fairly halfassed replacement of the original tt, and not totally worth the $.

3. cmx08 thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2004
    Canada, GMA
    thx carly

Indeed, I want to record class lectures, period.

The reason for a t2 and not for a t3 are:
    cost, there is a 250$can difference, on special for it might be replace soon
    battery life, t2 longer than t3
    tech not needed, lastest not always better for ppl
    wide screen is useless for me

i'm thinkin to transfer every night with a card reader so it's ok for me.
    tape is out-dated for me, i have netmd and i find it already out-dated
    Hard drive, CR-R and DVD-R are easier to store.
    digital are always easier to manage =)

i just need some mp3 to kill time
  4. UnclePaulie macrumors member

Apr 6, 2004
    LA, CA
    Hey, I have a Palm Tungsten T2, and for what I use it for, i'm happy. This means e-mail/web browsing via BT to my cell phone, PIM, and playing mp3's. The music quality is fine, but not through the built-in speaker. You'll need to plug in a pair of headphones to get good sound. Also, you can't put mp3's on the built-in memory (only 32MB), so you need to get an SD card. As for the voice recording, it works best when you're speaking near it. In the 200 person lecture hall I'm usually in, you might be able to record a lecture but you'll hear the echoes of the lecture hall louder than the actual speaker. The Voice Memo program records into WAV format at what looks like 48 KB for an 8 second file, so about 6 KB/s. Hope that helps.
  5. cmx08 thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 20, 2004
    Canada, GMA
    thx u Uncle =P

that was just wat i wanted to know. T2 it is then.