Palm & OS X

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hkriffraff, Sep 13, 2004.

1. hkriffraff macrumors regular

Oct 6, 2003
    Since I switched to a Mac (PB 15" OS 10.3.5), it has been impossible to backup my Palm Tungsten T - i invariably get an error that "Conduit Manager has unexpectedly quit" ...then on the Palm, I'm asked to reset and then get a launch error.

Is there any way out of this mess? I've tried the suggestions on Palmone's support site (upgrade to the latest version of Palm Desktop, quit other applications, reduce baud rate, etc.) to no avail. Please help!
  2. 7on macrumors 601

Nov 9, 2003
    Dress Rosa
    Make sure you have Palm Desktop 4.2.1. Try uninstalling the entire Palm software and reinstall. Search your HDD for "Palm" and delete the "appropriate" ones. Like .plist files and such. If you delete something by accident you won't ruin the OS, but other apps might not work. Just pay attention to the folder names and such.
  3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    If 7on's suggestion doesn't work, try deleting and recreating your user(s) and reinstalling your conduit(s) - if users/conduits become corrupted, you can get problems like Conduit Manager unexpectedly quitting.
  4. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    What are you backing up to? ...just the Mac apps using iSync? I am using Office 2004 and, using the right setting on Entourage, I have had no problems syncing on my new iBook.