palm pda

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mhuk01, Sep 1, 2006.

1. mhuk01 macrumors 6502

I am wanting to get a mid-range pda for calendar and contacts. I have been looking at the palm tungsten e2.

Does anyone have any experience as to which pdas have the best compatibility with osx (ical and address book in particular)?

I know all palm pdas are compatible, but have heard conflicting reports on the effectiveness of them with macs.

If anyone uses a pda with a mac, i would love to hear your input!

Cheers

2. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

all i've heard is that the blackberry has a more mac-like experience than the palm. i've used both in stores, and i'd have to agree with this conclusion.

3. mhuk01 thread starter macrumors 6502

the trouble is, i have just got a new phone (samsung) on contract, so I need to get a pda rather than an organiser/phone combined.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I bought a Palm Tungsten E2 about a month ago. It's hard to beat for the price, if you don't need a wifi-capable PDA. Bluetooth syncing with iCal and Address Book works fine. I don't think I'll ever get excited about the Palm interface, but it's functional enough.

I personally had a BAD experience with a palm tungsten E2 and the battery but it did work well once you install all the software, then you can use isync even :p. Personally i would step up and get the palm TX. Its much better :D

6. mhuk01 thread starter macrumors 6502

the thing is i just don't need all the bells and whistles that come with the higher-end models. To be honest, the Tungsten E2 has features i probably will never use, but having previously had a palm zire 21 (one of the cheapest pdas) that broke after 6 months use, i think a pda that is better quality is what I need. As far as I can tell the palm tungsten fits the bill pretty well.