Palm Sync

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Butler Trumpet, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

I have a palm zire, and have lost my cd's that came with it... ever sense i moved to my iBook i cant sync it anymore, only my iPod.... Help? Thanks

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

You do realize Palm has a support page for d/ling sync software right?

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Here's the link from CNet.com to get Palm OS for your Mac. You should be able to sync after downloading. It looks as though it may need an upgrade which should be self-initiating before you do your first sync.

4. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

URGH!

Okay thanks for the help so far.... I downloaded that... then found out I needed to download palm conduit 1.2 so I did that from Apple, but for some reason it says that it can not be installed on this computer. Weird i think, my computer is like 2 months old, i run 10.3.5, and have the latest versions of iSync and palm desktop. Any ideas?

5. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

What do you mean you can't sync it. What is happening when you try to sync it and with what are you syncing?

Are you trying to sync to address book and iCal or just to palm desktop calendar?

If you have Virex you need to uninstall it to sync a palm. I just went through trouble shooting this and Virex conflicts with palm syncing.

the only reason you would need iSync and 1.2 palm conduit is to sync with iCal and or address book. If you are only doing it with palm desktop they you don't mess with iSync, etc.

Give us more details like what error messages, etc you are getting when trying to sync.

Beware Palm 21's can lose all their data if near a cell phone from what I have read and heard. No other Zire's have this problem though. I just went through syncing a Zire to my wife's iBook and Virex was the big issue for me.

6. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Yes, Im trying to sync with iCal and Addressbook... I dont use palm desktop at all. I dont have virex (actually dont even know what it is) and all of my software is up to date.

7. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

So what happens when you try to sync and how are you going about it?

what error messages do you get and at what point in the process?

On your old mac were you syncing to OSX?

Virex is a virus software program that comes with .Mac or purchase retail. Check your applications folder (utilities possibly within the apps folder) to be sure it is not in there.

8. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Okay I can sync my palm, with iSync, but it doesnt transfer any of my iCal or address book things.... so I need the palm conduit from apple... but it wont install for some reason, says I cant on my computer.
    My old computer than I could sync with was a 500 Mhz iMac G3 running 10.3.4
    My iPod syncs up fine.
    I have now installed all the palm software that comes with a palm device, now I just need iSync to recognize.

9. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

You synced with iSync..but the iSync stuff only works if you already have Desktop palm software on your mac. I know you need to use Hotsync to make your palm show up in Isync as a device and there are instructions on the apple support page how to go about doing this. Good luck,

John