Palm Treo 600

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zap2, Jan 17, 2007.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I recently cracked the screen on my low end Verizon Cell Phone. I didn't care all that much, as in June I'm getting an iPhone, however until then I'm not sure if I can be without a phone with a screen.

I've been looking on ebay and came across a Treo 600, and I'm thinking about getting it. I want to know what people think about it, now I know Palm doesn't sell them anymore but if anyone had/has one, what do/did they think of it? How long was the battery life? How was the web browser?

2. NotFound macrumors 6502a

NotFound

lol if you can afford to buy a treo to tide you over for your iphone then our opinions don't matter :p

3. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

If its a bad phone, I'd like to know. And its only a 600 Model, which are like under 100USD on ebay.

4. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

The 600 model is pretty old these days but not bad by any means. Battery life might be a bit dodgy but you can buy a new one. Palm's aren't the most user-friendly bits of kit but they're ok (I use a Tréo 650). I like the way the older models look (with antennae) and the touchscreen is cool. It will set you up nicely for the iPhone though.

5. Sawtoothdude macrumors regular

I use a Treo 600 and I have to admit it is great, but not as cool as my brother's 680. The main thing I don't like about it is the 160x160 screen as I am used to the 320x320 that I had on my Zire. It's Battery life is amazing and theere are tons of apps for it. If you have any questions about it please feel free to PM me about it but it is an overal Great Smartphone.

6. BenHoleton macrumors regular

I agree. Great phone. I used it until I dropped and broke it and Verizon gave me a 650 since they had no more 600's (I had the insurance...) I highly recommend it