palm tungsten, avantgo and osx

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hui__lim, Jan 22, 2003.

1. hui__lim macrumors regular

Has anyone tried linking up avantgo with the tungsten using osx? I just registered with avantgo and to my surprise, there was no palm os 5 avantgo installation file, only for pcs... Does anyone know where i can find palms os 5 avantgo installation for osx??
    thanks
    Hui

2. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

If all else fails, you might have to get Virtual PC w/Win98 or XP and then sync from the PC part of your Mac.

"...sync from the PC part of your Mac." Gee, that sounds weird, doesn't it?

3. yamadataro macrumors 6502

I've been waiting for the Mac OS X compatible AvantGo software forever now. You are not alone!

They seem to have cut the R&D cost for comsumer services. The one for OS X is not out yet. No third-party apps are available. I wonder if they'll ever release one. Since the release of the OS X a couple of years ago, they keep saying just install the Palm Desktop V3 and use it from Classic. Unacceptable. I'm almost giving it up now...

And the beta for Palm OS 5 is currently only available for Windows.

So if you are on Mac X and Palm 5 you are really screwed... like myself :D I have a CLIE NX70V.

I use my Vaio just to sync my AvantGo these days. Like pimentoLoaf has suggested, using Virtual PC is another way to go.

4. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

and because we can use vpc, why develop for the mac platform????