Paltalk for Mac (or via VPC)?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aramis, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Aramis macrumors member

Aramis

I am new Mac user (switcher) and was wondering if anyone has had luck running Paltalk via Virtual PC or similar?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Paltalk?

There are alternatives for Mac. Although VPC could run Paltalk, it'd only work for text. It wouldn't be fast enough for voice and video conferencing. :eek:

3. Aramis thread starter macrumors member

Aramis

Thanks...

This is the only program that I use that I have not been able to find a Mac version for thus far. Trying to see how difficult this transition is going to be :) . I dont use it very often, but do have friend on there.

We werent that close anyway :p , so I will try the Mac equivalent that you directed me to (just trying to find a program to use the iSight cam with ;) ).

Thanks again.

4. missiemac macrumors newbie

Im a new mac user too !

But let me tell you .... I used to use paltalk frequently... but then i discovered iVisit a video conferencing program like paltalk. It alows you to use your web camera along with your microphone to communicate worldwide just like paltalk..but wait theres more !!! Not only is the 'lite' account free and the equivelant of Paltalks top end paid account with full moving videos etc... it ios also the most well-manned program i have ever used with the best live help team always on duty to help you out !!!! It's frankly awesome !

If you do anything today

Try This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.ivisit.com :D

5. POWERSHAKER macrumors newbie

POWERSHAKER

Dude, all you need is Parallels, and you can run any chat inside Windows XP today. It's simple. No worries. Forget VPC! Use Parallels or Boot Camp! This is the new generation bro.

:D

VPC sucks! Get Parallels, and you can chat, voice, video... all of it just fine. I have Paltalk in Parallels 3.0 under Windows XP on my Macbook Pro, and it runs just fine. I also frequent other voice/video chats. Good grief!

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

VirtualPC is needed on PowerPC Macs whereas Parallels and Boot Camp can only run on new Intel machines.

7. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I miss Paltalk as well. I previously used it on a PC, but I no longer use a PC at home (this is a good thing). Paltalk is the only thing I really miss.

According to the Paltalk website, a client is coming for the Mac....but it's said that now for a long time.