Pandora

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jessep28, Oct 26, 2006.

1. jessep28 macrumors 6502

jessep28

http://www.pandora.com/

What is everyone's thoughts on this service?

I like it, but it's a PITA that I have to leave browser window open. I have tried PandoraMan, but I get popups all the time which is just as annoying.

However, it's nice being able to listen to artists you never even heard of.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Hmmm... so far, I like it. I wish it'd let me enter more than one artist at a time, though.

3. jessep28 thread starter macrumors 6502

jessep28

It would also be nice if it wouldn't switch the station you are listening too when entering new ones into your library.

4. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I was going to start a thread, but I guess I am a bit late. :) I just discovered that site yesterday while leafing through MacWorld. So far I really love it. I just entered one artist and it started playing a lot of similar songs. The stream is very high quality as well. The site says 128kbps. So far, I have enjoyed most of the songs. I have already discovered quite a few artists I've never heard of before. Some of them are available at eMusic.com, so that's gravy.

I just wish it was somehow iTunes compatible so that I could listen via Airport Express.

5. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Cool site, I remember finding it a while ago, but forgot aboout it till now. Seems good, I'll have to listen some more tommorrow. Did this work in Safari for you guys? It wouldn't let me type anything, I had to use Camino.

6. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I really Pandora, but from time to time it does have a tendency to get stuck in rut...stuck in a rut...stuck in a rut....

7. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I set it up on a Windows machine through Firefox, but it is working fine on Safari now as well. I am glad there are companies that knows there are browsers other than IE.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

edit: nevermind! it's working

what a good site.

9. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

This site has been around for a while, and I actually find it surprisingly accurate in what music it picks based on your preference. I like it.

Last.fm has a "recommendation radio" function which creates a personalized internet radio stream based on *all* your preferences (i.e., based on all the songs you played in iTunes), but I find last.fm's radio to be less in tune with my tastes (even though it's supposedly based on my whole musical taste) than pandora's service, which has given me some great and surprising tracks I really liked. However, both are quite worthwhile to check out.

10. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I grabed Pandor Man, and haven't seen an Add yet. It's just annoying that you can't minimize the player (in either the browser or Pandora Man) because it won't advance tracks.

11. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I noticed that last night. I don't think that happened on Windows version of Firefox, but I cannot confirm it until Monday. In any case, considering they are ad supported, it does not surprise me that they try to force you to view those ads.