panoramic images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sk3pt1c, Feb 8, 2006.

1. sk3pt1c macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

how can i create panoramic images using quicktime?
    do i need to download and install any extra plugins?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

i want to take two three photos on next to each other and stitch them together basically
    that looks cool but i don't have a rig and stuff like that
    all i can do is take a few photos and try to stitch them together to give the user the ability to look around a room
    can't i do that straight through quicktime?

4. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Do you want to make them using a camera (which requires carefully taking multiple shots and stitching them together--fun but can be quite tricky)? Or using 3D software like LightWave?

Apple's own QTVR tools are old and only run in Classic these days. But other companies have better/newer QTVR tools.

EDIT: cross-post.

You need more than just a couple photos (usually 12 or more) to make a good effect, and they need to be precisely centered on the virtual film plane using a tripod--but you also need software that "warps" the images so they can align properly in 3D. I don't think QuickTime alone (even Pro) can do that. You'll need another app--and I'd suggest reading up on the process first.

5. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

You could always shoot and stitch using Photoshop, but getting that into Quicktime might be a challenge. I drop equirectangular (flat 360°) PSD's into a program called CubicConverter to generate Quicktime VR. You might want to look into what you need to gen' for that to work.

6. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

basically,i want to go into a room,take a few fotos with my digital camera and stitch them together.that panorama will then have to be part of a dvd guide to my university.dunno if i can add it in though.anyway,i've used a simple software from ulead on my pc and i was wondering if there is something simple for the mac.it's part of a coursework so the scope doesn't cover sophisticated software and tripods and stuff.
    will look into the software suggested
    any free stuff?

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

Do you have something against putting spaces after punctuations?

8. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

'm sorry i don't conform to microsoft word.is it that much harder to read?come on now,any suggestions?
    i found 'hugin' that makes panoramic images and then i can use another small program called 'motion pictures' to give the panorama movement and save it as a quicktime file so i can embed it in the DVD i want to make.
    is there anything out there that can do all that?
    i'm not really looking for full cubic images
    i want to take around 10 photos of a computer lab for example and stitch them together and either have it play on its own and move the 'camera' around in a loop or allow the user to drag the picture
    any ideas?

9. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

10. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Actually, it is a bit annoying. Instead of trying to read your post, people end up thinking about how annoying it is that you can't type using proper grammar and punctuation. A mistake here and there is fine, but deliberately butchering the written english language is quite annoying for some readers.

Honestly, it didn't bother me until you said "'m sorry i don't conform to microsoft word". What does proper english have to do with microsoft word?

Back to your question. All I know of is a program called Photostitch. It comes with most Canon cameras and it stitches panoramic images together and saves in any standard format (including quicktime VR).

11. sk3pt1c thread starter macrumors 6502a

sk3pt1c

i'm quite sure my english is pretty good man,if you want to call not bothering to add spaces after full stops a lack of good grammar and punctuation,then that's fine. :)

thanks though,am looking into that program you suggested

will ask at uni too see if my lecturer has any ideas :)

12. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac