Panoramic Stitcher

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GoCubsGo, Feb 19, 2006.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

There is a program for Windows only called The Panorama Factory. It is in fact one of only two programs that I used quite a bit and would consider having a windows machine around for. (CAD being #2). Unfortunately, I've been so impressed with my Mac that I sold my PC and I choose not to turn around to the PC behind me. With that being said, I would like to find a similar program.

Photoshop CS. Their software, Photomerge sucks. If you get great results from that then fantastic. I sure don't. My history is with using film creating images like this with 10+ negatives. This is one of the last images I stitched in Photoshop 7 by hand. Someone introduced me to The Pano Factory and life was simple.

Now on the Mac I cannot find any product that is simple to use (there is one that actually requires some math to make it function). I read in another thread about DoubleTake and I'll try that, but I was also looking for suggestions.

I now shoot my panos with digital, leaving my black and white to my large format cameras and my street photography to my F4.
    Thanks

2. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Kevin over at Kekus.com has written a panoramic stitcher called Calico.. its currently in beta (free) and can be downloaded here. It still throws watermarks on your image... as its in beta stage, but shortly I'd expect it to be bug free and usable.

I use his PTMac a lot... and I will caution you.. it is very addicting. Use with care.

3. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

The camera store near me has a bunch of small, inexpensive software packages on the counter. There are probably 4 or 5 programs there for sale, all by the same company. They're all for Windows, except the panorama stitcher program with is also for the Mac. IIRC, this is the software I saw there. No idea if it's any good, just thought I'd mention it.

Here's another app I found with a Google search. It seems like it's not hard to find panorama apps for the Mac. Just look around a little, download some demos and find one you like.

5. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Thanks (to all). I did bookmark a ton, but I was looking for user opinions and maybe samples, ease of use. :) I admit I lack time so I try to get to the bottom line asap. But thank you. I'll check them out.

PS want to hear something sad? Arcsoft looks great, but they offer online a windows demo.
    fokers.