Pan's Labyrinth

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BoyBach, Dec 14, 2006.

1. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I went to the cinema to watch Pan's Labyrinth last night.

WOW!

Dark, brutal and utterly bewitching - all of the ingredients for a classic fairy tale.

2. jeshepard macrumors member

Saw it on monday night and I would agree that it was good. I could have used a little more of the fairy world, and the story was a little slow, but it was beautifully shot.

3. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Heard it is supposed to be good. I've never seen a subtitled film at the cinema though, it doesn't distract does it?

4. BoyBach thread starter macrumors 68040

BoyBach

After a short while you don't even notice. It's like being fluent in Spanish! :)

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Really want to see it but can't get anyone to take the time at this time of the year with so many office parties and family & friend get-togethers. Nothing duller than going to the cinema alone...

Guess I'll see it on DVD.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I had to drive 2 hours to the neareset cinema screening this a couple weeks back and it was worth every second of the drive.

Best film far and away 2006.

Though I did hear enough moans about it from people, it'd been alright if it was in english :rolleyes:

7. AndyR macrumors 6502a

AndyR

Can't find anywhere in my area thats showing it so looks like its DVD hire for me. Oh well, another reason to join Amazon DVD rentals in 07.

8. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I saw this over the weekend, had had no clue what it was about but just agreed to see it to make the boyfriend happy (and shuddup since I wouldn't go watch Rocky w/ him :p). I was impressed.

It's definitely more the way I "saw" fairytales as they were described to me growing up.

It's a movie that I'd consider seeing again in the theaters, even with the exorbitant ticket prices.

9. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I plan on seeing this once it makes it way to the Phoenix area. It looks great, and I heard it was from my friend in LA.

10. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy