Panther and Adobe

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by djcoxon, Mar 19, 2004.

1. djcoxon macrumors newbie

Just upgraded from 10.1.5 to 10.3, and now none of my Adobe products will boot up in OSX. The process begins, then there they 'unexpectedly quit'. Something about a kernel error?? I have to boot them all up in classic environment, which is ridiculous. I've also just downloaded the trial of photoshop cs, and that won't even begin booting up. How frustrating: suggestions?

HAVE NOW FIXED THE FIRST PROB THANKS TO GED (WHO IS NOW MY PERSONAL HERO) - BUT STILL HAVING NO LUCK BOOTING UP ANY OF THE CS SOFTWARE - IT JUST APPEARS, AS IF IT IS LOADING UP, THEN DISAPPEARS. AAARGH!!

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Have you removed the preferences? If they're corrupted, the applications might act that way.

3. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

Before abandoning all hope :p certainly run the repair permissions utility from your Panther installation disk one--boot from it as you probably know, holding down "C" until the Apple appears onscreen.

4. djcoxon thread starter macrumors newbie

Where might they be? Sorry for sounding like a moron, but I am, when it comes to problems like this...

5. JDar macrumors 6502a

JDar

To restore all preferences to their default settings:

In Mac OS, hold down Option+Command+Shift immediately after launching Photoshop Elements. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.

Nothing bad happens and the preferences can be reset as you prefer.