Panther and RealOne Player

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by mcoupe, Oct 30, 2003.

1. mcoupe macrumors newbie

Ever since I installed Panther I can't open realOne player, can't listen to BBC radio player (UK only!). Has anyone else had any problems with realOne?

Thanks for advice
    Mike

2. hdodds macrumors newbie

Panther and Real One player

No problems accessing audio and video content from BBC web site. Am using Real One Player v9.0, build 9.0.0.297-A

3. mcoupe thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you using the free RealOne or the real one superpass? Have reinstalled realone a couple of times but still can't get it to work?

Mike

4. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

Have you tried throwing out both the Real application and all the associated preference files, favorites files, etc., before you reinstall it?

I had to do this on a couple applications -- it didn't seem enough to just trash the app itself and reinstall, I had to get all those pesky associated files as well.

5. mcoupe thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone, I've deleted all the files as advised above and reinstalled realOne, and it's all working fine. Thanks again!

Mike C

6. Makosuke macrumors 603

Glad your problem was worked out, but a general tip:

If something isn't working under Panther (or any other OS/situation), a general first-round fix is to delete its preferences. In most cases deleting/reinstalling the app itself isn't necessary, since the prefs are what's causing the problem.