Panther and Toast

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by excalibur313, Jun 28, 2003.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Has anyone experienced difficulties running toast in panther? When i try and run it it will load up but exit out as soon as it is loaded. I tried getting a fresh copy and i ran into the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on correcting this and is there another program i can use which may work in panther?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

It's an issue that Roxio need to address. It's just not compatible with Panther at this point. We probably won't see an update til the final release. I have the same problem too.

3. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

so what can I do to solve this? is there another program or way i can burn cds or is there a cd emulator for macs?
    Steve

4. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Baring that you didn't install Panther as your main OS then just boot into Jag to use toast, otherwise just use disc copy and wait til roxio releases an update

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

after looking around, disc copy is built into panther. i would do a search on versiontracker.

iJon

6. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Well i didn't do a dual boot so I'm sort of stuck with panther. I tried to find disc copy and couldn't in 10.3 and when i searched help i found a document which offered to open it up and when i clicked on the link nothing happend. Any suggestions?
    Steve

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

go download firestarted from versiontracker. i use it to burn my bin files.

iJon

8. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Okay thank you very much...one last question...firestarter won't let me burn dmg files...i know i can mount them but i need to burn one to a cd...how is that done?
    Steve

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

hit me up on aim and ill tell you what you can do. jtaylor2d

iJon

10. manray macrumors newbie

i just burned a cd in Toast 5.2 in Panther...no problems at all...i've had other problems with 10.3 tho!