Panther Clock

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ac2102, Mar 26, 2004.

1. ac2102 macrumors member

ac2102

Just a swift one.

When i go to "Open Date and Time" (click on the clock on your toolbar) in Panther, the "Show AP/PM" checkbox in the Clock tab is permanently grayed out. Why is this? I can't seem to enable it.

Why is this?

Cheers,
    ac2102

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

that is very very odd. all I can think of is maybe your system battery is dead.

3. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

4. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

you can tell if it am or pm by looking outside :) haha

5. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

Same here. It's weird, but fortunately I use 24h display anyway :).

6. dudeami macrumors regular

It's not like this for me. Is the little lock closed in the lower left corner with click the lock to make changes written next to it? If so, you may need to click on the lock and authenticate to make that change. I'm running 10.3.3.

7. dudeami macrumors regular

Disregard the first post I entered here. I think I figured it out. In the Date & Time window, on the Date & Time tab, click on the Open International button.
    Or just go to your internation preferences. Under the Formats tab, click on the customize button for Times. Here, chose the 12 hour clock, You should see the AM and PM for the before Noon and after Noon settings. That should make the Show AM/PM box selectable in the Date & Time preferences again.

Wierd, if you have 24 hour clock set under international times preference, you can still toggle the 24 hour clock in Date & Time, but can not toggle the Show AM/PM.

8. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

24 hour clock will not show AM/PM, if you have that enabled. I can't think of another reason. I have my 12hr clock set to using AM/PM, and it works fine.

9. ac2102 thread starter macrumors member

ac2102

DUDEAMI you are a genius! Problem solved. As it happens i already had these settings active, but as soon as i clicked OK again, suddenly the AM/PM option was enabled.

Thanks very much indeed,
    ac2102