Panther Dog Tags on Ebay

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

my god...what a waste...

not surprising though...to see them appearing on ebay now...

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that's really all they're good for....only diehard apple enthusiasts (geeks) would wear them for any amount of time.

I just hope that the next Apple event provides some thing a little more useful - mouse pad, t-shirt, apple pen. Hell, at a convention you'd get better stuff as free give aways at the booths.....

D

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

Heh it reminds me of something that i said when I first got here, upon encounterng my first true pc slaughtering mac zealot:

"...ya know if Apple released a paper bag full of a processor and a hard drive the mac community and yourself included would tout it as industrial design, and new and innovative. Give it up already and get off your soapbox man..."

Paraphrased of course ;)

5. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

panther mouse pad

6. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

What's mind boggle is why the mouse pad is going for less than the dogtags.......:confused:

I would have preferred the mouse pad....

D

7. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

I think that the ebay "market" is pretty much established for mouse pads..... but the dog tags have a novelty value?

So they're thought of as more "Unique" than the mouse pad..... you think that's possible?

8. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Maybe - which is sad - cause now Apple is going to try and perpetuate this stupidity and provide its fans with even more 'novelty' items.

Lets see, Apple Swizzle sticks, faux Panther Feet (like rabbits feet for good luck), Apple book marks, Apple temporay tatoos......they could just get a deal with Cracker Jack and have the Apple Toy Surpise ......;)

D

9. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

man. you've just given them enough ideas to take 'em through Mac OS 10.9 Lion Cub

m

10. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

oh, i forgot - when they get to Saber Tooth - we can go to the faux Saber Tooth canine necklace ;)

Actually, Saber Tooth would be a damn cool name for another OSX +0.1 upgrade.....

D

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well honestly, I wouldn't wear the dogtags either. It's way geeky, and besides...who wears dogtags? I think $25 is a bit much for them, and since there will likely be hundreds going up for sale in the near future, their value will be insignificant.

A mousepad I'd use though. ;)

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I got a mouse pad at the Jaguar release, never used it though. The dog tags are neat. I have been wearing mine, don't think that I'm crazy. Would not pay $25 though.

13. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

LOL I saw this coming the first day the rumors came out for em. I really do want some tough!