Panther DVD+R/+RW

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Abraxsis, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Sep 23, 2003
    According to Apple's website Panther has incorporated +R/+RW support. But is this only with Apple shipped (ie internal) Superdrives, the same as with iDVD? My external DVD+RW/+R burner is roughly a year old so I know it isnt too horribly out of date, and it is MMC-3 compliant. But Apple doesn't recognize it as a burnable drive. Toast 6 (and 5) recognize it and I have no problems burning to it. So what gives??

(btw: its an HP 200e flashed with the newest firmware)

On a personal note I think making iDVD and Mac OS X internal Apple supplied drives only is rediculous, and not very customer oriented. This completely leaves people who already own external drives, or cant afford the 200.00 extra at purchase, out in the cold. Come on Apple, free iDVD and integrated burning, dont pull a M$ on us. :p
  2. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

Oct 28, 2001
    Greensboro, NC
    Re: Panther DVD+R/+RW

Not only does this help gain extra revenue, but more importantly it assures quality. Apple can be more sure that iDVD will work on all Macs if they all have a selection from a limited array of hardware.