Panther finder corruption?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mudbug, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I took a screen shot to help illustrate, but in the menu bar at the top, the word "finder" is reduced to a simple "n"... I haven't done any kind of hacks or anything weird to this machine, and haven't noticed any problems OTHER than this... so I just really wonder if anyone else has seen this/know how to fix it.

- mud

Attached Files:

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I have had odd things happen to the finder like random menus disapering and or stop working. Has a simple restart fixed it? If that doesn't work, try resetting the computer.

3. An_Apple_A_Day macrumors newbie

What's resetting the computer? I'm still on Jag 'till 10.3.3 comes out, so is that a Panther option?

4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Resetting the power mangaer is available in all systems and it essential resets the power. Here, ill let apple explain it...http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449

Actually, resetiing the power manager is totaly unrelated to what Mudbug is talking about, but it is worth a shot if nothing else works...

5. Mudbug thread starter Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

nah, haven't got to the PMU reset yet - I figured it was something much more simple than that. A logout/login fixes it for a while, but then it starts back up after a bit. Like I said, this seems to have no lasting impact on the machine other than this one bit of weirdness, so really, at the moment it's just a cosmetics thing.

6. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116