Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thumper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2003
Under the Sea
ok, Logic 6 crashes my computer and forces me to restart.

Protools like my last post, wont play back i dont know why.

toast and jam quit/wont start up.

maybe apple should of warned all audio users NOT to install Panther!

i think i have to reformat into 10.2.8
i need these programs

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
It's not apple's fault... It's not their job to make sure All third party apps work on the new os....Yes i know they are some pretty popular apps. but it sill is not apple's fault. Every OS has the possibilty to break programs it is the developers job to make sure patches are released

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Update to Logic 6.3. Then you can also demo Space Designer for 28 days. Check your Audio/MIDI setup and see that your drivers are properly configured. Get updates from DigiDesign.

Toast works fine for me. Logic loads and plays all my tracks - softsynths and external MIDI synths. Even Reason pulled off without a hitch. I don't have PT, so you're on your own with that.

Good luck.
Dan

tparsons

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2003
I had the same problem with 6.3.
You have to reinstall XSkey drivers.
hope it helps...

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
there was a thread a few days ago about toast, anyway. are you running the most recent version? if not, update, and it should work (free download)

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Originally posted by Macpoops
It's not apple's fault... It's not their job to make sure All third party apps work on the new os....Yes i know they are some pretty popular apps. but it sill is not apple's fault. Every OS has the possibilty to break programs it is the developers job to make sure patches are released

Actually Apple owns emagic - who make Logic - so I don't know that they are a 3rd party company.

I personally have had no problems with Logic.

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
I stand corrected...wow...i really thought i would be able to come up with something that would make me look a little less stupid....but no oh well

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
i run reason 2.5 and it works fine, but i am a little miffed about pro tools 6 suport being proposed for mid november... i guess i should investigated before installing, i am too attached to the black cat now to go back... uck... ill just wait it out... lets hope mid november means MID NOVEMBER and not 2004...

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
anyone use it with digital performer?

jeez i'm surprised logic crashes...seeing as how that is owned by apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.