Panther in the wake of other software updates

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by cr2sh, Jan 4, 2004.

1. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I've been having some problems with Jaguar lately and so I decided it was finally time to upgrade to Panther.

With the big event this week though I'm a bit cautious to go out and drop $130 before I see what's going on. Say there are updates to the iLife bunch.. is there usually and updated version of Panther sold that includes these updates? Is the build that I'm going to buy this week, the same build that was sold months ago at its initial release? Am I'm going to have to download updates as soon asI install the new OS?

I guess the question is... does Apple sell 10.3.2 in the stores... or is it still 10.3.0? In the past, have we seen updates to bundled software reflected in an updated version of the OS? Thanks!

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i don't think apple sells updated versions of the operating system... i could be wrong, but not matter what, you can always download the updates for free.

3. Awimoway macrumors 65816

Yeah. I'm pretty sure that iLife (which was released for sale at last year's MWSF) was never added to Jaguar. It only came free with the next major OS update, Panther.

But with this little time left, you might as well wait because who knows. Now that the major Panther-purchasing rush is over, they'll probably start carting out a few deals for the stragglers, like the X for Teachers program that was used with Jaguar. You really never know what Job has up his sleeve, so it's best to play it safe.