Panther on new iMac

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jxyama, Jun 16, 2003.

1. macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    I submitted this as a main story but I am not sure if Arn will post it... Kodawarisan [link] (Japanese) is claiming that the Panther will be introduced at WWDC in a week then made publically available 3 months later pre-installed on a newly designed iMac. The claim is that the new iMac will have a 17" LCD monitor and a new casing.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    The current form factor has been around only 18months...I just can't see a total redesign happening yet...maybe a few tweaks.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2003
    They might come up with a new design if the new ones have 970's in them. I know that sounds like a long shot, but it could happen.
  4. macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2002
    it was abuot 2years or so after the CRT iMacs came out that the slot loaders came out. That was a pretty big redesign (new logic board, cooling system, case, etc), so I wouldn't totally rule out a somewhat modified case, etc. Don't expect anything earth shattering though.
  5. macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

it also says that it will have 10.2.3 on it, but that has already come and gone
  6. macrumors regular

Jun 5, 2003
    or lack thereof...i really don't like what they did with it. my sister has the "snow" flavored imac dv se + super or wutever, and it's really quiet but it also is extremely hot...her room is like a volcano everytime i gotta go and nurse it back to life after she destroys it...