Panther Terminal

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by the Natetrix, Nov 27, 2003.

1. the Natetrix macrumors member

Nov 25, 2003
    How does everyone know how to use the terminal? Is there a book or a site out there that you all read or something? Could anyone post some helpful line of code or something... Im clueless and I want in :(
  2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    well Terminal just lets you use the OS X base/subsystem, which is based on UNIX.

you've kind of got to learn Linux/UNIX to understand the commands, although i'm sure there is a site out there that lists Terminal commands. i'm sure you could also find a pdf that lists alot about Terminal. - OS X faq UNIX tricks. you can subscribe to that mailinglist, and then you'll get mail everyday that has some UNIX tip or trick. at the very least, looking at stuff like that everyday will help to familiarise you with command line stuff.

and check this out: the official Unix Terminal command list. some good basic stuff in there. i'll have to have a look at that myself. :D

and remember, Google is always your friend. :) :D
  3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    just goto google and write,,,unix basics tutorial...u wd get a lot of good links...all the commands work fr panther as well...