Panther uptodate program expands!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by gopher, Oct 9, 2003.

1. gopher macrumors 65816

2. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

That list was always there.

All that's saying, is that if you bought one of those systems on that list, on or after Oct. 8th, you qualify for the Up-To-Date program and you get Panther for the discounted price.

enoch

3. gopher thread starter macrumors 65816

That makes no sense though, many of those machines have been discontinued and could not have been purchased new on or after October 8th. Mind you I purchased my Powerbook G4 17" 1.33 Ghz at the Apple retail store September 29th and it qualified even though I put that date in when asked for the qualifications. Others have reported elsewhere on this board they did the same thing. Some who purchased a machine as early as September 17th. So then the question becomes, where is the real cutoff?

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The real cut-off is October 8th. I don't know how Apple is going to manage this colossal screw up, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

I just hope they don't go the way of Microsoft and figure that the customer base is dependent upon new software, and so they can get away with screwing over their loyal customers. Good luck Apple, you're gonna need it.

5. gopher thread starter macrumors 65816

All I can say is that if you succeed in placing the order, print out your invoice in case you get overcharged. You'll need it for evidence.

6. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

i doubt it would apply all the way back to TiBooks etc....i assume they just mean IF a reseller sells one after oct 8th they will still qualify.

and i dont think we need to go comparing Apple to M$. Apple doesnt run around chargin you 500$ for an OS and dont turn around and try to make your existing OS useless as soon as they release a new one. if you dont want to cough up 129$ then DONT.

7. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

iMac 800

Whoa! So I bought a new iMac 800 from Smalldog on Oct. 8. I wasn't even thinking about Panther, but does this mean I could qualify for the $25 discount?

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes, I'm pretty sure you qualify. That seems to be the point of this list. Nice, eh?

9. iGav macrumors G3

If you buy any one of those machines after the date specified, whether they have been discontinued or not from a reseller, Apple will honour the up-to-date offer... simple.