Panther+USB 2.0 Thumb Drive=

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by jihad the movie, Jan 15, 2004.

1. jihad the movie macrumors regular

Not working.

I have a Sony USB 2.0 128 MB thumb drive, a NEC (Comp USA branded) 5 port USB 2.0 PCI card, 10.3 and a 800mhz Quicksilver G4 with 768 MB of ram, 40 gig, 30 gig and 120 gig (Firewire) HDs.

A few days ago, I installed Panther (clean install), and it is incredible. However, I was using my USB 2.0 thumb drive in one of my USB 2.0 ports because I had some other things plugged into my keyboard at the time. ever 5 minutes i would get a "Device was not properly ejected" message. When I plug it into the keyboard, it is no problem, but for some reason it flips out when I have it in the PCI card slot. I remember reading something about this elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Am I alone on this? I guess I won't use the PCI USB 2.0 card all that much anyways, this was a rare case, but I was just wondering why it was acting up. Thanks in advance!

::justin

2. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Maybe it's simply incompatible?

I have a jumpdrive, and I use it every now and then, it's nice and convienient.

I suggest taking something out of an actual USB port and switching it to the PCI card, thus leaving open a port of the Jumpdrive.