Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starcrossed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2003
San Antonio,TX
I was about to about to finalize my order for Panther, and came across the shipping page asking me which shipping method to use, but I remember on one of the order pages stating the estimated delivery date to be the evening of the 24th, even before I chose a shipping option. I was wondering if anyone could clarify for me if all orders will arrive by the 24th, regardless of the method, like if I chose the free ground shipping, they would send it out 5 days in advance (the time it states it will take) to insure it will arrive on the release date, or only the most expensive option will be guaranteed on the 24th. I want to chose ground shipping for free, but then again I want to get Panther as soon as possible, so any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. Maybe from someone who pre-ordered MacOS or other Apple software in the past. Thanks.

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
In another thread, it was said by someone who ordered on the phone with Apple that it doesn't matter, because that is the standard page for all shipments on the website and regardless of what you choose it will be sent FedEx and it will be delivered on the 24th.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Correct. That was me who said that.

I'll add a reminder: Your order must be processed, not just placed, by October 21st to receive Panther on the 24th, no matter what shipping method you choose.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
When the 3G iPods came out I ordered in advance of release. I picked the free delivery. I still had it on the day it was released. I expect Panther will work the same way.

starcrossed

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2003
San Antonio,TX
Sweeeet!! Thanks for the info, that will save me $12 dollars to use elsewhere....hmmm...possibly new iPod accessories ;)..we'll see. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.