Panther won't connect to XP- but XP connects to Panther

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by destroyboredom, Feb 20, 2004.

1. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

I've tried just about everything and can't get my iBook to connect to my XP desktop. The strange part is I can get to my iBook from XP without any problems.

I've checked settings on both sides. Repaired permissions, rebooted. I'm running out of ideas.

Anyone have an suggestions?

I didn't have any problems with this on Jaguar.

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Panther knows better than to touch evil things... :)

4. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

I've had similar problems.
    Windows 2000 has that same prob, I can't see them, but they can see me. They are the users of their own ocmputer though, so I can't help them.
    My GF's XP machine is different though, it won't see my Panther machine at all, and I can't see her. None of my current cross cultural nerd friends are using windows 2000, and not XP, so they can't help me.

If only Windows was as simple as OSX :D

Tyler
    Earendil

5. Earendil macrumors 68000

Earendil

I've had similar problems.
    Windows 2000 has that same prob, I can't see them, but they can see me. They are the users of their own computer though, so I can't help them.
    My GF's XP machine is different though, it won't see my Panther machine at all, and I can't see her. All my current cross cultural nerd friends are using windows 2000, and not XP, so they can't help me.

If only Windows was as simple as OSX :D

Tyler
    Earendil

6. destroyboredom thread starter macrumors 6502

I fixed it. Not sure how but it works. I think the logon/password may have been saved to my keychain incorrectly. Anyway...it works now. :)