Pants Dilemma

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HckySo, May 19, 2006.

1. HckySo macrumors 6502

HckySo

Ok so if I'm not wearing shorts I'm wearing jean pants and I hate one thing about them: they never fit right. I'm a very skinny person, not small but skinny. I think my clothing to fit me well and not baggy. So I get pants that fit my waist but then I put shoes on and my pants are too short and barely go over my shoes. I've yet to ever find a pair of wants that fit me well. How ever I have found pants that fit me perfectly but theres one problem, their girls jeans. Why are girls jeans made to fit better? They're perfect height, perfect waist, perfect everything but I can't get girls pants, I'm a guy. Do I just deal with my pants being too short or do I get long big pants that look baggy on me and wear a belt. I just want pants that fit me.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, first you say you "might" be bisexual or gay, and now you're getting into women's clothes. Dude, you're gay. :p

And girls jeans aren't made to fit more comfortably. Girls are generally skinnier than guys (and since so many girls are fat nowadays, you can imagine how many guys are fat), and since you're skinny, they might fit you better?

Would you mind telling us your height and weight, and your waist size? Anyway, as long as the jeans don't have weird little design patterns on them, or aren't overly flared at the bottoms, then I guess you should just buy the girls jeans. :confused:

3. Frozone macrumors 6502

I know plenty of guys, all of whom are straight, that wear girl pants. There was a fad here recently for guys to wear girl pants, so if you like them...buy em!

4. HckySo thread starter macrumors 6502

HckySo

No matter how bootcut, slim, expensive, brand name etc I try to get nothing works, and wouldn't people be able to tell if I was wearing girls pants?

I think I'm like a 28 waist whatever that means, 5' 7" 100 pounds

But how? I don't know if my parents would approve of that and I my sister knows I'm gay but would she understand if I said I wanted girls jeans.

5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I don't wear anything but Levi's 527 30x32. Biznitch.

6. Frozone macrumors 6502

They may or may not. Would really depends on the pair of pants in question and the person observing you. Some girl jeans are very "girly", but some look the same as guys jeans except in the way they fit.

EDIT: Oh! Or you could just eat a lot and gain weight. ;)

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yea u r gay.....happy woman pants wearing:)

Bless

8. HckySo thread starter macrumors 6502

HckySo

I think I'll just explain my situation to my sister and if I wanted I could pick out some online and she could get them for me. Or she will start laughing and not care.

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

10. vniow macrumors G4

Mother****er you're skinny. I'm 5'6.5" and 125lbs and everyone says I'm too thin. :eek:

There is no such hing as the gender of pants though, that's just silly. Its only women's pants if a woman is wearing them.

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

To the OP...

If it makes you feel a little better, I am a pretty thin guy and own some womens' pants. I bought them mostly at thrift stores, sometimes for fit, sometimes because of the style (flared/bell bottoms) that I couldn't find in mens pants.

I admit, it is wierd to rummage around the womens section, but what the hell - you want something you like. Be confident in your pursuit.

Bear in mind that womens' pants have smaller/tighter crotch design which sometimes makes it impossible for men to wear them, at least without looking like an idiot. Also, womens' pants often have smaller pockets and weird designs on the back pockets. The latter doesn't matter so much anymore, as even mens' jeans are going all designer.

Also, depending on where you live, you might check out an asian fleamarket or ChinaTown locally, as there are often alot of clothes designed for the (usually) smaller asian frame.

Good luck.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Just go find jeans that don't look really girlie and have crazy flower patterns on them, and you'll be fine.

And there's got to be a store that sells pants for someone with a 28" waist who's also 5'7". That's not tall, and 28" is within the realm of "normal." Personally, I think you'll fill out and get bigger, but that might happen when you're like 22-25 or so. :eek:

13. HckySo thread starter macrumors 6502

HckySo

But like I can see it now. "Dude my sister totally has those pants"
    Meh what do I care. I guess I don't have to worry about it now since it's beginning to look a lot like summer and I can wear shorts.

14. Frozone macrumors 6502

Most guys don't even know what pants they own, much less what their sister owns.

15. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

okay it's not gay to wear girl's jeans... just pointing that out there. It's a common emo rock related style because they fit tighter and for your reason, the fit is better than men's. I had the same problem as you and i had girl's pants (i was a little wider, 29-30'') a few years ago and i got girl's jeans because the only tighter fitting jeans were way too expensive (upwards of $100). It's not gay. Now if you're wearing other girl's clothes along with that, then maybe we have a different story...

But i really don't know why men's jeans fit so "badly." It seems that recently lower priced places like AE and Gap have offered slim fitting jeans for men and i have switched back. But i agree it's difficult to find men's jeans that fit the slimmer man.

16. HckySo thread starter macrumors 6502

HckySo

Well heres what I fear. Example:
    [​IMG]
    Someone will notice those lines on the back pockets and know they're girls or would I need to look for less designer like pants?

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

But pink denim, cute hearts, beads, crystals, etc. will make a guy wearing them VERY popular in jail. :eek:

18. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I always figured that men's fashion, because there is supposedly not the demand for (and the subsequent money/fame) present, that we get stuck with the bottom 5% of designers out there, who can't get a job otherwise.

Men's fashion seems to be getting more sophisticated, however, with the whole metrosexual thing...

19. Leraste macrumors regular

Leraste

You should try brands like PREMIUM Levi's, Disel, Se7en, etc.. They make their stuff for tall/skinny people. You can find sizes like 28x34

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Buddy, those lines on the back pocket don't mean ****. Just get the girls jeans as long as they could pass as mens.

And my jeans have lines on the back pockets as well. They're not even manly lines.....just lines. :eek:

21. Lau Guest

Heh - I find mens jeans fit me better! (I'm a girl, by the way.)

So I buy them - don't worry about it. Just get the ones that fit you. If you're out shopping with your mum, shops like Levis stores and the like often have the mens and ladies stuff right next to each other, so it's easy just to pick up a ladies pair.

22. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I wouldn't worry about them at all. I don't think I own a pair of jeans that doesn't have stitching like that on the pockets. So either you've got nothing to worry about, or I do. ;)

23. Boggle macrumors 6502

Boggle

Alright, I've read thru this thread a couple of times and first things first.
    1. If you're having this much trouble finding pants that fit speak w/ a tailor. They might know brands that will be better suited to your frame. Tailors do MAKE pants, hence the phrase "made to fit." --This will not be cheap.
    2. I don't give a damn if you wear girls jeans or not. If they fit, wear'em. Anybody staring at your pants so hard he can tell the differnce has his own issues to work out. However, the pelivic area (called "the rise" in clothing lingo) is cut VERY different btwn men & women b/c the two sexes have dissimilar pelvic bone structure. b/c men aren't designed to carry babies. So by and large I wouldn't expect women's pants to work for you.
    3. This one is important to me personally -- womens jeans have the smallest pockets imaginable (if any at all). Like most guys, I've got crap to carry: Keys, phone, blackberry, wallet, change. So there may be functionality issues.
    4. At 5'7' and 100lbs. w/ a 28' waist (that's a USA measurement) for the fit you desire, I'd recommend a Straight Fit jeans cut to 28 (waist) x 32 (inseam =length). You'll probably want to get them hemmed to roughly 30.5 / 31' inseam so they don't drag. 30" inseam would be too short @ your height.
    5. Good brands to try are, "Pagper, Denim, Cloth", Hugo Boss, & Lucky. These are more expensive. At more reasonable dollar amounts (though lesser quality IMO) are Old Navy, Gap, Eddie Baur, Lee, & American Eagle.

Good luck! Hopefully you'll find yourself some pants that fit.

24. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

luckybrandjeans.com they make all lengths!! its were I get most of my jeans for pretty much the same reason as you only I'm a girl lol

25. HckySo thread starter macrumors 6502

HckySo

I was just there. That's a bit out of my price range.