Paper Mario for DS

Discussion in 'Games' started by mark!, Jun 25, 2006.

1. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

Is there any word on this or something? That's that best game, in my opinion, on Nintendo 64. It seems like they would have had this out...it is such a cool game. The graphics were a gimmick though, they weren't as good as they appeared to be...but very entertaining!

2. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Well, I think that game sucked donkey, and the sequel was even worse.

If you want a Mario RPG* game, the 'Mario and Luigi' series is decent.

I'd argue that the GBA version is better than the DS sequel though.

*not to be confused with the stellar 'Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars' for the SNES (which needs to be ported immediately, along with 'Chrono Trigger')

3. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i think it looks awesome too, should be coming out within the year, i would guess summer 07. have you played the GC version, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door? very good game too

4. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

The one for GBA was AWESOME!!!!! I loved that, I need to get that too.
    But first I need my DS lite, this friday!
    Legend of the Seven Stars was teh r0xxxrz!! Wasn't that on GBA though? I thought I saw plans for that a couple years ago.

Ugh, NEXT summer? Oh dear. I haven't played the Game Cube one. I never bought a Game Cube. It looked like a cheap plastic toy, and the games seemed sucky. Hopefully a Paper Mario for DS will come out sooner though, I really love that gamee.

5. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i said next summer but i really have no idea. :p

cheap plastic toy? isnt that what a videogame system should be??? expensive metal device?

6. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

No, I mean the kind you get from McDees that have a monochrome screen that has 1 frame/2 seconds.

I just don't like how the Game Cube seemed cheap :eek:

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hmm, I look at the Cube and see a miraculous machine. especially with the comments that the arguable best looking game of current gen (Twilight Princess) wasn't even close to the Cubes full power. and that it they could sell it for so cheap. and with the super-RAM inside it pushing those load times to the back pages of a History book. not the best looking but the insides more than make up for it. certainly not the worst looking console of current gen.

8. mark! thread starter macrumors 65816

mark!

Well if it wasn't so close to the end of the cycle for the Game Cube (with the Wii getting closer and closer) that would have sold me on it. But I KNOW I'll be getting the Wii :)

9. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion....

Amen brother, Amen!

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Thirded! I've been trying to find a way to run CT with an emulator, but it seems to be a PITA.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

If Mario RPG is not on the Virtual Console I will cry.

12. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

You could do what I did, and buy a used Gamecube off of Ebay... the games are cheap now and you'll start to build a nice library of games that will also work on your Wii.