parallel video playback question

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bbzidane, Jan 9, 2007.

1. bbzidane macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2006
    can someone that uses parallel tell me how is the quality and performance when playing back video from within parallel running windows

the reason im asking is because if i want to play rmvb files in macosx, im stuck using realplayer or convert it to another format, neither of which do i want to do, so that leaves me pondering the option of playing it from windows in parallel

any feedback is much appreciated, especially if there is a simple way of playing rmvb files in macosx without using realplayer

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    I use Parallels to watch Adult Swim Fix and Toonami Jetstream. It's flash video but it plays seamlessly and with no frame drops using Coherence.

Can Realplayer on OS X handle that?
  3. bbzidane thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2006
    i believe that realplayer macosx should be able to play it, but i just dont like using their player, and i prefer using a single media player to play all formats
  4. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

Jul 21, 2003
    I use Parallels and don't have any quality issues playing things back. I mainly use it for audiobooks.