Parallels 9

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by lugesm, Sep 20, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

lugesm

OK. So, I learned, to my dismay, that my Parallels-7 program will not operate with Mavericks.

Decided to get a head start and downloaded (and PAID for) the upgrade from Parallels-7 to Parallels-9. Installed under the latest, updated version of Mountain Lion. Installation was uneventful, so I was fairly well satisfied that everything still works under Mountain Lion.

However . . . . Parallels-9 is advertised as being "40% faster" than previous versions.
    I HAVE NOT SEEN THAT.

Sadly, I did not benchmark my speeds with Parallels-7 before installing Parallels-9, but I am certain that the new system is NOT faster. In fact, I suspect is is even slower than Parallels-7.

Anyone else have this experience?

2. macrumors 601

Specifically they claim:
    http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/

3. macrumors 6502

If you downloaded P9 to upgrade from P7, when the trial period is over does it revert back to P7?

4. macrumors demi-god

glenthompson

I've only used it a little and noticed that it does suspend a little faster. Can't comment on the disk performance as I don't do many disk intensive tasks in Windows. Mouse cursor performance is still an issue for me. I haven't been able to get Windows and OX X to track the mouse at the same rate.