Parallels and gaming

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by regre7, Mar 8, 2007.

1. regre7 macrumors 6502

I've been trying to figure out how to play World of Warcraft in Windows ever since I got my Logitech G11 keyboard and found out that it doesn't have Mac drivers (so I can't use the 18 extra keys!!!!!!!). I'm having trouble with Boot Camp, and I was wondering if Parallels would be a viable solution. I've read on Wikipedia that it can emulate 32MB of VRAM, but it doesn't mention transform and lighting, which are required for the game. I'm not really concerned with how high I can push the graphics settings at this point.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You will not be able to play games in parallels, VMware Fusion has limited games support at the moment, i think up to direct x 8 but in parallels it is currently a no go.

I've tried Red Alert 2 (not a current game by any ones standards) and there is no graphics displayed at all.

The Emulation of the Vram is so you can run parallels full screen on massive displays.

3. regre7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bah, just realized this should be in Windows on a Mac. Feel free to move it, mods.

I have RA2! Never beat it, though.

Oh well, guess it's back to stuggling with Boot Camp. Or I guess I could wait for it to get out of beta with Leopard.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What issues are you having with Boot Camp, as we maybe able to sort those issues out.