Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I just installed parallels 3120 beta and win xp.
Everything seems to be ok but I wonder where is the usb support?
It is supposed to recognise usb devices but this do not happen.
Am I doing something wrong?

Retired
May 16, 2006
3120 had usb support....

as far as the op is concerned. go to the tool bar and you have to select which usb peripherals you want parallels to access. sorry cant think of the exact menu off the top of my head

I was just suggesting upgrading to the latest beta, it is very stable and it is always good to be up to date.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I just upgraded to 3150.
I stop the virtual machine, I go to the parallels controlpanel and press usb connection. Then the parallels close! This happened to 3120 too.

Where is the usb support? I tested 3120 and 3150 and no luck at all. Two different versions, same problem?

Do you see your usb devices? Why does this happen to me?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Do you have usb support with 3150? Am I the only one that I do not?

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Are you sure? Remember that you have to press 'devices' at the top to choose which USB to use...does this not appear/work?

Press it while the parallels are stoped? I did it, then the parallels windows closed! Seems to be a bug.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
3120 had usb support....

as far as the op is concerned. go to the tool bar and you have to select which usb peripherals you want parallels to access. sorry cant think of the exact menu off the top of my head

There is also a little USB icon on the bottom right of the window - I tend to click on that to select the USB device I want to use

kcbase

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2007
I normally do exactly what you suggest. Sometimes I can shut the printer off (device I'm trying to connect) and make the Parallels active then turn it back on while that's active and it'll let me use it; however, lately I get this message (below) and can't seem to do anything about it (I've tried closing/quit everything possibly connected).

"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually"

Any suggestions?

ericthered

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2007
no where
"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually"

Same issue here...

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Since it's a printer that's giving you trouble, it's possible that the printer driver on the Mac OS X end is hogging the printer :mad:
This is highly annoying if you want to print in Windows, and I have yet to find a solution.

dannyss

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2006
On build 1970, haven't installed 3186 yet, I get the same message when I try to enable my usb2 HDD:confused:
With the printerI had no problems:confused:

bored911

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2007
NYC
hello, parallels is out of beta!!!!! just get the new full version! i had a similar problem, where coherance just plain wouldn't work, fixed it in full.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.