Parallels beta 3170+bootcamp+macdrive

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by whyrichard, Feb 16, 2007.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was still a conflict with the new beta/bootcamp with macdrive...

... with the original beta release, i couldn't have macdrive installed and running on my bootcamp partition, and still access the bootcamp partition with parallels.

it would be ideal if i could have both running without conflict, did parallels bother to address this with their most recent build of 3170?

thanks,
    r.

2. dreamspy macrumors newbie

I have a bootcamp partition which I run both from bootcamp , and from Parallels.

I was thinking about installing Macdrive to be able to access my mac drives while running in bootcamp.

But will running Parallels and Macdrive togeather work?

(i know I can use shared folders while running Parallels, just wondering if there is any harm having macdrive installed and only use it in bootcamp)

3. Guy Incognito macrumors regular

It works fine. I'm running Parallels 3070 + WinXP in Boot Camp + Macdrive. Parallels disables Macdrive when you run XP in the VM. You may need to reenable it when you boot via Boot Camp, but it works fine.