Parallels -- can't get internet access

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Argelius, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

I have successfully installed Parallels and Windows XP on my MacBook.
    Initially I was able to gain internet access via IE. Now, for reasons I don't understand (i.e. I'm not aware of changing any settings), I can no longer get onto the 'net.

In Paralles "NetworK Adapter", bridged Ethernet/airport wireless is listed as being connected.

Any suggestions?

Also, is there a dedicated Parallels forum somewhere else on the 'net?

2. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

i have the exact same problem and would really like some help if theres anywhere i should be looking please point me in the right direction

3. Argelius thread starter macrumors 6502

Argelius

At least I'm not the only one...

I put at post here: http://forums.parallels.com/thread2902.html

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Make sure to Repair the connection if your access point has changed.

5. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I found that DHCP doesn't work for me in parallels (i'm pretty sure it did in the RC) so i had to set up the connection manually including the DNS servers. You'll have to find these out from your provider.

6. Argelius thread starter macrumors 6502

Argelius

Thanks, all. As it turns out, the fix was relatively simple. I probably should have known this (but am new to Parallels....as are we all). Under the Network Adapter Settings (in Parallels) I had Bridged Ethernet: Default Adapter selected. Once I changed that to en1:airport/wireless adapter, all was fine.

At this point, Parallels is more or less an novelty for me (I really only need one Windows program). Makes me LOVE my Mac all the more...