Parallels: Connecting to the internet?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnbro23, Dec 26, 2006.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

I got Parellels for Christmas. I downloaded the new Beta, because of the Boot Camp support. Windows works great. I can't figure out how to get it to connect to the internet. I am connected via Mac OSX.

In the Network Adapter Options in the Configuration Editor, I have chose "Bridged Ethernet." The "recommended" choice is "Shared networking," but that option is greyed out. I am just assuming this is because I used my Boot Camp partition to set it up, and that's why shared networking is unsupported. Hopefully I do not have to reinstall Windows which would be a pain, since I do not have the disc, I would have to have it mailed to me.

I read the user manual, and it says that if you use Bridged Ethernet, you need to configure it with Windows. I am relatively unfamiliar with configuring internet for Windows. I don't think I had to do any configuring to get the internet to work if I reboot with Boot Camp - it works just fine there.

I do a lot of Web Design work, and it would be awesome to use Parallel's Coherence to test sites on IE, rather than periodically bugging someone else or rebooting my machine. Hopefully someone can help! Thanks in advance.

2. johnbro23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am still having problems...could anyone help?

This would be very convenient because of the web design work I do. It would help me out by increasing my productivity considerably!