Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sirnh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
phantasm10 said:
Unfortunately it doesn't work on my and many others Mac Pro's...kernal panics during installs. You can read about it in the parallels forums.

Also doesn't work on Mac Pro's with more the 3.5GB Ram without changing some boot arguments.

Are you talking about the build that went out today, 9/7? Or are you talking about the previous beta they released last month?

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
new build today is said that it should be working on the Mac Pros
havn't had the chance to try it out yet htought

Fedge

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2006
Please be aware that the newest build (1884 I believe) has some serious issues. Many folks have been getting very frequent and persistent kernel panics. Just an advisory. . .

aiongiant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
i jsut installed the 1884
got windows xp going on it.. and everything running jsut fine! will do more test later tonight but so far so good...

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
The new build works great for me, no trouble at all. I updated the previous install, removed the boot arguement hack, restarted and my VM started up first time.

I was running the previous parallels build just fine on my mac pro with the boot arguement hack too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.