Parallels on MacBook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jamescwarren, May 28, 2006.

1. jamescwarren macrumors 6502

jamescwarren

I have just bought a new MacBook (2.0 GHz, 120 GB HD, 1 GB RAM) and was wondering, what would running Parallels on a MacBook be like in full screen? Would it be OK? All I would be using it for would be MSN Messender and probably internet browsing on sites that don't work in Safari. And if I used MSN Messenger in Parallels, is there a hack or any way that I can get my iSight to work with it? Thanks.

2. NJuul macrumors 6502

I think Parallels should run just as well on a MacBook as on a MacBook Pro, since there's no graphics acceleration anyway.
    If you can find a driver for the iSight somewhere, it should work. Check if Apple have released one.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

It runs great, but why run fullscreen? FWIW, if you really do want to run fullscreen you can toggle back and forth between OS X and XP.

4. Jason_Bryan macrumors regular

I have it running on a 2Ghz Macbook with 1.2gig of ram. It runs well both in a window and full screen. My preference is running it in a window so that I can just mouse over and use apps in OS X.

5. FragTek macrumors 6502

My prefered method is running XP full screen on a seperate Virtue desktop and then scrolling back and forth. Quick and easy.

6. RaNdOm macrumors regular

RaNdOm

How do you do this? I have tried linking a desktop to my Windows running in full screen mode, but I can't get the thing to work properly. A step by step would be greatly appreciated.

7. atmenterprises macrumors regular

Follow this link to the Parallel's support forum:

http://forum.parallels.com/post10666-3.html

I followed it step-by-step and now that fullscreen thing works flawlessly.

Michael