Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Im currently using BootCamp, but its a pain to restart my computer because im only using it to use Utorrent. If I went with parallels could I be using Utorrent via parallels well even though I was working in the mac OS? Also would this affect the speeds of utorrent any way? Thanks

Retired
May 16, 2006
You could, but why not the great latest Transmission beta (warning: download link) now with selective downloads and prioritising ?

use azureus.
There really isn't anything I can see that is better than the very stable (hasn't had any problems since the day it was released) Transmission beta.

EDIT: OK, even though I have no idea why I/anyone would want that

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
I use Transmission, yet I wish it would allow file select. Azureus on the other hand I have tried and experienced terrible speeds. Transmission is what I generally use but I just wish it allowed RSS + File select. I know Azureus has these but the speeds just arn't satisfactory for me.

Retired
May 16, 2006
I use Transmission, yet I wish it would allow file select. Azureus on the other hand I have tried and experienced terrible speeds. Transmission is what I generally use but I just wish it allowed RSS + File select. I know Azureus has these but the speeds just arn't satisfactory for me.

You could, but why not the great latest Transmission beta (warning: download link) now with selective downloads and prioritising ?

Check out the link :)

ElCambo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
Is it what I think it is? Does it allow file select and RSS???? Im currently using bootcamp downloading a single file on utorrent haha so I cant check right now? But if I understand you correctly are you saying this is a newer version with these things!! Garr im so excited I need to go back to OS X but my files nearly dld on bootcamp!

user13

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
Im currently using BootCamp, but its a pain to restart my computer because im only using it to use Utorrent. If I went with parallels could I be using Utorrent via parallels well even though I was working in the mac OS? Also would this affect the speeds of utorrent any way? Thanks
Get Parallels only if you need Windows running simultaneously with Mac Os. Otherwise try to search for Mac-based alternatives, this will be more memory-effective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.