Parallels refuses to install guest OS

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by daneoni, Dec 27, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Been trying to get parallels to install XP or better yet use my current Bootcamp XP partition to no avail. It says it cant recognise the CD (couldn't find NTLDR? and this is the same CD i used to install XP on Bootcamp. Any ideas?

2. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

3. Irish Dave macrumors regular

Sorry never tried to install Bootcamp and Parallels. I think go for one or the other.

Dave :cool:

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Deleting Bootcamp doesn't help, had to create and ISO and do the installation from there.

5. Irish Dave macrumors regular

Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable but thought there might be a conflict between the two systems. I would probably delete the partition, reformat the hard drive and reinstall OS X then install Parallels.
    I'm sure this suggestion will cause outrage from Mac people with much more Mac experience than me.

I was a PC person for years and years, but saw the light just over a year ago. This reformatting habit I have dates back to my time as a PC person.

Hope you get it sorted.

Dave :)

6. NJuul macrumors 6502

7. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Ok, i think i fixed it. I restored CD/DVD ROM to default and everything seems fine. I've installed office and all other software i need. Yet volume still reads 8GB, oh well.

First impressions i think im loving this thing. Might actually splurge for a full license and get rid of Bootcamp. One little problem though, i'd like to be able to drag files and folders from OS X into the Parallels partition but i dunno how. Hmmmm....

EDIT: Figured it out, thanx alot.